Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let's Plays and No More Heroes 2 review

I've been meaning to update this for awhile but because of my own laziness I haven't (go me). There are a few things I want to talk about first being a project I'm going to begin this summer. By the time I post this blog entry, a thread will have been created for a Let's Play on CAA. This, though, will not be the only Let's Play I will be doing. I am planning on starting to make and post some Let's Plays on Youtube as well. My first game will likely be MagiNation...hopefully.

Besides preparing for Let's Plays, I've been playing a lot of games. I could ramble on for an entire post about the various games that have been taking up my time but I'll limit it to one for my own sanity. No More Heroes 2 is the sequel to one of my favorite games, No More Heroes. Of all the games that were to be released this year, this one was the one I was most looking forward too. Everything Suda 51 was revealing just made the game look like it was going to be awesome. So how was it? Good but not as nearly as good as I thought.

Overall the game was a better game then the first. The controls were just as fluid as the first, the addition of extra playable characters made the game feel fresh and unique, the graphics are amazing and the soundtrack is just as good. The problem, though, is that the game seems to have lost the character of the first. The first game was challenging and centered around the colorful bosses you had to kill to advance. While it was flawed, just the characters and challenge of beating each of them was enough to keep me coming back for more. Only a couple bosses in No More Heroes 2 are challenging and one is only challenging because of a single, annoying move. On top of this, none of them stand out the same way the No More Heroes bosses did. Now, No More Heroes 2 doesn't have the annoying, and repetitive requirement of entry fees for every rank fight, but I still would rather deal with that then fight Pizza Bat Jr. one more time. Overall, No More Heroes 2 is a better game, but in the end I liked No More Heroes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment